Saturday 28 April 2012

WORKBENCH and SALUTE

Salute has been and gone and I am now working my way through all the goodies that I purchased. The next batch of pictures will show you what I have on my work bench at the moment.
First up is the Empress Miniatures High Command, Lord Chelmsford and all his followers. These were pre Salute but still need varnishing and basing and then I will show them in a later post in an appropriate setting. 
The next pictures show my goodies form Salute. My plastic mountain has now gone from nine to fourteen boxes.


The following pictures show me slowly working through the prep stage with a mixture of periods.
Here we have some Empress Miniatures figures from their new character packs and a Redoubt Enterprises figure. I have based three of them to use as ammunition runners for Isandlwana when the Brits start running low of ammo and are a bit too far away from the supply wagons. Also they will be used for the Rorke's Drift setting along with the Surgeon Reynolds base.

I purchased some Perry ACW horse holders which I can use not just for my ACW but as I have kept the horses separate from the horse holder, I will be using them for my Zulu war, Sudan and NWF projects as well.
In the background you can see that I have been basing a lot more plastic tents on old CD discs ready for Isandlwana.

The next picture was kindly given to me by Steve Hall of 1066 BLOG and has been assembled ready for painting. I think this is a TM TERRAIN building.
And the last picture for now is a close-up of his Lordship.

I have finished my Zulu War artillery and rocket team and also a very long supply column which I will submit in future blogs.   

  

10 comments:

  1. Some very nice painting, I like the ammo bases, they should look very good when painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's certainly not dull on your painting queue! The horseflesh on show in the first picture is just simply outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent painting Sir!! Great collection of goodies there too. I have a feeling there will be some awesome posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice bag of loot! I'm looking forward to the finished pics, especially the WOR figs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work and look forward to seeing all that metal you got getting your usual superb painting applied to them.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing those figures coloured in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chelmsford and staff look fantastic. Can't wait to see the work bench figures completed, it's an impressive line up even unpainted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see it all painted up. I think you work is great mate and always a pleasure to see your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reall characterful paint jobs on these. Excellent stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.