Friday 17 February 2012

ZULU WAR British Characters

I have been quite busy on the painting front and have finished the Zulu War characters, Natal Mounted Police and Natal Carbineers. The last two units I will post in a future blog as this post is already picture heavy.

I painted the main characters twice, as one set was a commission and this was an ideal time to paint them.

These are the last batch of British infantry that I did.
The following pictures are of the British Infantry so far.














I think that is enough pictures to keep you going for a little while. I just need to purchase the ensign pack from Empress Miniatures and the flags from Flags of War when I attend Salute in April, to finish off the infantry.
Next week will probably be a different period again and then the post after that will be some great pictures I have taken of my Natal Mounted Police and Carbineers, first mounted and then dismounted with their horse holders being pursued by the Zulu. 

18 comments:

  1. What a fantastic set of photos! Wonderful! I have always been a bit of a Zulu war fan. Your troops are just amazing. Love these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody lovely painting sir!!! Cracking set up...the camp scenes and firing line are just great!!!!!
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat, wow! They are gorgeous, really love the firing line and the camp scene photos are great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic painting and photos! The firing line is awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job, it's the little things that make the games..
    It's pic's like this that feed's my wargaming habit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out-bloomin'-standing! I love it!!! The photographs really showcase the wonderful job that you've done on the figures. As already mentioned it is the little vignettes behind the firing line that really bring the project to life. Every time that I see the camp scene I can't help but be inspired and have already started to accumulate the composite parts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic photos of great models - really like all the encampment pieces, which capture the War so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great en masse. I am no fan of movement trays that take away from the aesthetic appeal, and you have done a great job with them well done

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning figures and terrain!!!
    Very inspiring.
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Chaps.
    Dave, I too prefer the look of multiple figures set in their own little vignette but I am also a big fan of single bases for those skirmish games, I had to make the compromise of movement trays.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really can`t think of anything to say about your efforts that hasn`t already been said in other comments, except, very very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow these are great, you are a very talented painter

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome paint job.Are all the figures from Empress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T, the majority of the figures are from Empress but there are a few from the old Wargames Foundry range and most of these have had head swaps using Empress heads that they sell separately.
      Pat.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.